Morocco is the country of adventure and fun. That is the reason it is considered as one of the major choice for tourism. And proof is in front of everyone. The approximate scale of 11.35 million people visited Morocco last year. And the ratio partly increases every year.
According to you, what is the most essential thing which we all expect from the destination in which we are planning to visit?
We are sure, many of you will think a huge list of your demands, in which delicious food will be the foremost demand of all.
And Morocco is the country, which live ups to all your expectations.
Moroccan cuisine have made millions of admirers throughout all the countries and all credit goes to their innovative way of cooking and their spices preferences which differentiate them from all the countries.
Moroccan dishes are the mixture of diverse culture that is the reason it is able to win everyone’s heart.
But the sad part is, till now, we think that we can only taste the Moroccan cuisine, whenever we have trip to Morocco. Because you will not find any restaurant at your place who offers the same Moroccan flavor in their dishes.
So why don’t we find a perfect solution?
Let’s make our private morocco travel tours fully worth by joining the best cooking classes during our trip so that we can experience the pleasure of Moroccan dishes even when we return back from the trip.
This article is all about to explain some tips of cooking Moroccan dishes and also to aware you about the best cooking institutions in Morocco from where you can easily learn to cook yummy Moroccan dishes.
Isn’t it exciting, we are pretty sure that your excitement has increased to plan a trip the private and custom tours to morocco.
But before planning your private morocco travel tours, some points need to be considered. You all must be aware about where you will find the expert Moroccan chefs and how much time you require to get expertise in Moroccan cooking. And the cost of their cooking classes.
Below mentioned are the list of some best cooking classes, have a look –
- La Maison Arabe, Marrakech
- Travelling Spoon, Marrakech
- Tiffi’s Moroccan cooking school, Tangier.
- Clock kitchen, Fes
- Café clock, Fes
- Hakima’s Moroccan cooking school
- Farmhouse cooking class
- Fes cooking school, fes
- Lotus chef, Marrakech
- Sanssouci cooking school
- House of fusion
- Chef laila cooking class
- Chef khmisa cooking class, Marrakech.
- LIFE, LOVE, COOK, Moroccan cooking class, Marrakech.
- Dar Chef
- Amal women’s training center.
Above mentioned are the list of cooking classes in Morocco, which will charge from you around $40 to $80 per person. Charges are not fixed. It varies according to the particular cooking school.
You can also check out for non profitable cooking institutions which may charge less.
Now have a look at the most popular dishes and their ingredients which people love to have in Morocco.
- Zaalouk, made up of garlic, eggplants, tomatoes, olive oil and spices.
- Couscous, do you know the most interesting part of this dish? Veg lovers and non veg lovers, both can equally enjoy this cuisine. The ingredients of veg Couscous is vegetables, pepper, olives, onions, tomato, cheese, mint, basil and oregano. And couscous for non vegetarians made up of all these ingredients along with meat in it.
- Tagine, the most demandable dish made up of meat, vegetables, dry fruits, spices, fruits and nuts. People love this dish the most and all credit goes to the way of cooking this recipe.
- Harira, it’s a soup. Moroccans prefer to have it as a starter. During the Ramadan month, Moroccans break their fast by having this soup. This amazing soup is made up of lamb, rice, tomatoes, chunks, lentils, chickpeas and spices.
- Sardines – small fishes, made up of carrots, sardines, olives, garlic, pepper corn, bay leaves, olive oil and chili flakes.
- Makouda – considered as the breakfast dish. It is a sandwich filled with fried mixture of cumin, garlic, onions, coriander, mashed potatoes and eggs.
- Camel spleen – a creamy flavored dish, made up of camel meat, lamb, beef, spices and olives.
- Almond milkshake – ingredients include, almonds, milk, dates and water of orange flower. This mixture creates a finest drink which you must learn to cook when having trip to Morocco.
- Chebakia – a “jalebi” like dish slathered with honey and rosewater.
- Msemmen – wrap like structure. It is the multiple layers of dough filled with onions, herbs and vegetables and then deep fried with butter. Also have a cup of tea with it.
- Taktouka – this is also a breakfast dish. The word taktouka means cooked salad. Its ingredients include tomatoes, garlic and olive oil.
- Doughnut – sweet dish made up of flour, salt, sugar, water and oil.
Above listed are some famous Moroccan dishes, we mentioned their ingredients also so that you can have the basic understanding of Moroccan cooking style.
Below mentioned are some essential ingredients which you must have in your kitchen when you are planning to cook Moroccan dishes –
- Preserved lemons
- Sesame seeds
- Dry fruits
What to expect from a cooking class, when travel around morocco.
- They will teach you How to chop ingredients.
- How to mix them.
- Innovative techniques of healthy cooking.
- How much time should be consumed to prepare food.
All these points are very essential to prepare a perfect food. If you want to make the admirable and tastiest dish, then all these factors must be taken care of. So when travel around morocco, make sure to approach only the expert chefs who are having huge years of expertise.
So, end up your wait and plan your private and custom tours to morocco and this time return after learning their amazing recipes to enjoy the Moroccan food for life time.